Sunday, November 28, 2004

The Company Day

Having already attended a party during the Microsft Annual Day @ Viceroy's, I know to some extent how a party at a 5 star hotel will be like. May be some of my new friends might have been excited.

ITC Kakhathiya Sheraton, as a 5 star hotel, is no different from Taj Krishna, atleast in its ball rooms and conference halls. One thing that caught my eye was the wide stair case, and the open air dinner place. In Taj Krishna, apart from the open air, u also get a glimpse of the swimming pool, which makes it a little more exotic.

I took Vignesh along with me, starting from home. And surprisingly he got one of the early bird prizes and not me!

When I volunteered for the dumb charades, I felt really bad for having done so - for I already am going to sing, I could have given the chance to somebody else. But even after one minute of invitation, if no one volunteers for a just cause, then how can u expect me to sit back? Cool. That event was fun, we got two films "Never say never again" and one more that I forgot. My teammates were Ravi Kiran and RajaG.

Watching the dance numbers, I recollected two dances by my girls, one for the Punnagai Mannan music in my college, and the other one "Do laare do laare" during Microsoft annual day. I understood what professional dance really means. Hats off to you Janani!

Kavitha and Dayal are exceptional singers and Dayal's Dil Se number, "Poongaatrilae" got a wonderful applause. He had karaoke for the BGM, which I thought of doing in the morning, and as usual dropped because of laziness.

Bala's skit was stupendous. Man, he is a wonderful guy, full of enthu. Magnificent performance and everyone burst with laughter. Applauses are due to all the performers RajaG, Amitab and Jasvir, who played their part well, without laughing themselves. RajaG's "It's all your mistake,...no,no it's all our mistake" will be remembered for sometime. Time and again u prove urself Bala!

Half an hour before my event Ravi Kiran and others were telling me to sing in Tamil, as no one is giving a Tamil number. I was seriously thinking about a last minute change, but I gave myself the same old reason: even if I dont perform well, I will get the merit of having sung in a new language, and that too the mother tongue of local people. Also somehow I was confident that I can't do any better in Tamil also. And after Bala's skit, not only did my stomach burst, but also my throat!

I dint forget to thank Ramesh and Deepthi, who transliterated the Telugu lyrics to
English.

When I started "Watch on...watch on..." everyone burst into a big laughter. I deliberately wanted to avoid the English lines of the song. But I understood that without "Everytime I wanna see you my girl" I cant get the first line correct. So I went for it. In that short span of time I have finished the English stanza, I understood that, everyone there are for fun, not for my voice(do I have one?...indeed yes - Harini has certified!). Well, there were a lot of whistles and claps as I swam thro "Malleeshwarive...". Really happy and real fun.

"Murali Says" program was fun and everyone was suddenly transported to their childhood, running for prizes. Balbi got a gift bunch and gave me a rubber ball, which I have kept in my desk right now.

Wonderful set of events. Compering by Aruna and Mukesh was really great. Very well thought out and exceuted. It should have been rehearsed a couple of times. I remember the Sangeetha Singh, doing a really good job as a DJ in the MS Party, but as a professional she should have done still better. Well done Aruna, Mukesh.

The dinner was great. But you can't expect one to eat more after having lunch at Khatriya Fortune. The Gajar Halwa with a little vanilla mix was the tastiest item and there was a carrot and beans poriyal, which had a touch of my mother's prep. During, before and after dinner received a lot of compliments for the song. Except and Nithya and SJanani. CSMurali, Praveen, Janaki, Sripal and all of them. Kishore was the main whistler for my song and he had a great time whistling, as observed by Kiranmayee.

And my second dance floor. Next to Viceroy's. Great time with Kishore, Aalap, Sripal, Nithya, Deepthi, Bindu and Ganesh, Vikki, Rajesh, Pradeep, Anbu, Amit. The CD changer must have been a ..... the composition could have been better.

Great evening. Total fun.

1 comment:

Ananth said...

Hi Parti, I was happy to find out that one more guy has started a blog after seeing mine. ;-) The first one bieng Ramasamy. Man, i really missed the party. And more than the party, i missed your song. The way you sang Lajavathiyae sometime during the Kerala Industrial visit is still fresh in memory.
Anyways, happy bloging. I am watching this space.