Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Choice versus Destiny

[one of my mails to our groups while discussing the topic]

Choice maketh the difference. It is not an illusion. All outcomes are based on the thoughts that went in our mind, when we made the choice. That is not my stand. That is the truth. (...fanatic!!!).
I dont know abt others. But quite early in my childhood, I have been inspired by something and started dreaming abt it. I wanted to become something and someone. Call it I wanted to become a "Parthiban Duraisamy Pattakaran". I am living that dream till date, though my travel towards reaching the destination detoured once or twice. But I realise that my dream is my soul and my continued attempts to reach the destination keeps my soul alive.
I dont know if I will be successful in the end i.e when my ash is dissolved in the ocean or my coffin is nailed - but I know that there are only two possibilities:
1. I have succeeded.
2. I have failed.
Having lived my dream for so many years, I know an approximate route to my destination. I know what are the choices that I have to choose/leave. I know what are the decisions I have to make. NOW, at this juncture, if it were to be true that the future is a complex function, whose factors are beyond our control or even beyond our cognition, and so failure is 99% sure, then is there any meaning in continuing further? Shall I stop my efforts then?
Stopping myself from not reaching my destination means, I am stopping the life of my soul, which could be equated to DEATH. Simply that.
I cant let my soul die just like that. I cant play that loose shot or keep myself from turning out for the match. If destiny is so strong let it earn its wicket - I am not going to throw it away myself. Afterall I am a champion. I am a Tendulkar, if u want it that way. I wud like to go till the end, making all the choices, which actully decide the final score. I am not saying I beleive in this. I am saying that this is the truth.( :-))) fanaticism). I am saying that this is the way it happens!
Let me conclude:
Every soul has a purpose and all mortals have realised the purpose of their souls early in their life. A few go after fulfilling that purpose, which brings them joy, which makes them die happily. Most people forget this purpose and get carried away or get drifted in the current of life.
But there are some, who forget the purpose, but spend the rest of their life searching for it, searching for the purpose of their birth. In reality, they are only trying to remember the forgotten purpose. What they really dont understand is that they are wasting their precious life just searching and at the end of the search...well, most of the time it is too late. There are some ppl fortunate enuf to recollect their dreams (purpose of soul) again at an early age and start chasing it.
This is the philosophy that I am following and it got reaffirmed by Alchemist. No wonder I mention the book, recommend the book, every now and then.
I chose the one less travelled by and that made all the difference. Thanks Frost for endorsing choice.
Love,
Parthi.

2 comments:

Fathima Sagar said...

Thanx Parthi for endorsing Alchemist.

Anonymous said...

yet again i'm compelled to add a blog of my own in the place of a reply..

http://iamiris.blogspot.com/2005/02/purpose-in-life.html